We must be peaceful to contribute to world peace. We must value and respect ourselves if we are to find success in valuing and respecting others.
Here are some things you can do to promote peace:
- Operate within your integrities.
- Question what you have been taught and what you think you know. Look at situations with fresh eyes.
- Act with kindness and compassion. Try using the trick that Ram Dass teaches us for compassion. When seeing someone that upsets you, say “And I am that too.” Look for what is in you that makes you react to that particular person or situation.
- Teach acceptance and responsibility.
- Apply the “Golden Rule” and treat others as you wish to be treated.