Stress is always going to be a part of life but I believe that Burn Out can be avoided most of the time. Here is how:
- Be clear about your life purpose
- Be objective in choosing what is really important
- Cultivate the ability to say NO without guilt or fear. It does not serve you to cater to demands that do not align with your life purpose. Say yes to things and people that support it.
- Do not procrastinate
- If necessary renegotiate commitments when needed
- Acknowledge your own humanity. You just cannot do and be everything
So, follow your bliss.
De-stressors to try: meditation, hobbies, positive affirmations, good friends, exercise, humor, spiritual involvement, contributing. Choose to never be a prisoner of urgency. For some, everything will seem urgent.